Sunday, June 14, 2009

Second Sunday in Savannah

I'm on a roll, so I figured I better write another posting! I had plans to walk to a church Downtown this morning, but then I got a phone call from Cindy. She works in the RezLife office here and she offered to pick me up on her way to church. Yippee! This church was not the same one I went to last week, however, one thing remained the same: I was the only white person there again. I think it's so classy how everyone here gets "dolled up" for church. That's not very typical of California culture. The atmosphere of worship was very beautiful and joyful. And the senior pastor is a woman! She was a dynamic speaker and is very gifted in her ministry. I think that was my first experience at a church with a female senior pastor and it was fabulous! 

After church, Cindy and I grabbed lunch from Quizno's and then went to the BLUE Ocean Film Festival, which features films by SCAD students. The documentaries were fascinating and informative. Who knew a Lionfish was so venomous and that it has no predators? 

Cindy dropped me off on Broughton Street and I did some window shopping (and some real shopping too). Broughton Street has many restaurants, shops, coffeehouses, and cafes. It's probably one of my favorite places here to walk around. I headed back to Dyson House with a bag from the GAP (I thought I hated GAP, but I was wrong). The rest of my Sunday included putting together the training manual for the summer RAs and then going out to dinner at Fuddruckers with the interns and RAs. 

Oh... and one thing I must add is that the clouds here are incredible and I usually take a picture of the sky every day. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. because I have never purchased anything from there before...

    ReplyDelete